Monday, January 11, 2010

Fondue and Champagne date night.


Right before Christmas my boy and I were walking through a department store and came across a 40% off sale of Le Creuset, meaning there was absolutely no way I was leaving the shop without the fondue pot that I had been eying up for the last five years. Once I had my lovely new pot home I looked through recipe after recipe of fondues. Feeling somewhat overwhelmed we decided we would start with a traditional swiss fondue. After hunting down the Swiss fire gel at a local specialty shop we were ready to make a winter picnic in our home. I love my new fondue pot!



Ingredients:

1/2 lb Emmental Cheese (shredded)
1/2 lb Gruyere (shredded)
1 clove Garlic
2 cups Dry White Wine
1 tbs Lemon Juice
2 tbs Flour
3 tbs Kirsch
1/4 tsp White Pepper
Nutmeg and/or Paprika to taste

How to:

Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the garlic clove - add clove to pot or disgard
Heat up the White Wine & Lemon Juice - should be hot but do not boil
Reduce heat to low and slowly add cheese while stirring
Slowly add remainder of ingredients while stirring
If fondue is too loose add more cheese
If fondue is too stiff add more wine

To Dip:

Crusty Bread cut into cubes, making sure to have crust on at least one edge per cube
Veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, red peppers ( anything you like to eat )



No comments:

Post a Comment